LP Conversion Question

Old 02-08-08, 05:36 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LP Conversion Question

We recently purchased a new home that has a GE cooktop model number JGP975. The flame size seems small. I checked the orifices and found that they were the correct ones for LP gas (although the front two were swapped, which I corrected). I took the cap off the regulator expecting to find a reversible retainer device with LP and NAT positions, as per the installation instructions. Instead, I found an orange plastic stub protruding from the brass cap marked NAT. I see no way to flip or re-orient or change this for LP gas. The regulator is a Maxitrol RV47CL. I went to Maxitrol's website and cannot find any information on converting this to LP. Their website says the "C" in the model number is for a convertible regulator. How do I convert this regulator for LP gas?

Old 02-09-08, 02:02 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
The orange stub on the brass regulator cap should snap off the cap. Once you pop it off, flip it over so "LP" is toward you and snap it back in place.

Old 02-11-08, 05:49 PM
B
hankhill,

That did the trick. I was a little leary about "snapping off" the plastic stub but it did indeed pull out of the brass cap. It was easy to invert and press back in. Now we're getting good flame heights from the burners. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: