Kenmore Gas Range/Oven problems.

Old 02-09-08, 07:51 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Kenmore Gas Range/Oven problems.

It started out as a similar problem to the one posted here, but now when I try to start the oven, nothing happens at all. No gas is released and no ignition sparking occurs.

The stove top burners work fine...it seems to only be a problem with the oven portion.

I'm a complete novice/newbie/idiot when it comes to this stuff...so let me know if I need to get someone out here to service this rather than it being an easy fix.

From what I can see on the label by the bottom drawer, we have a Kenmore, Model # 665 72002101.

Old 02-10-08, 07:46 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello grav8e. Welcome to Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I'm a complete novice/newbie/idiot when it comes to this stuff...so let me know if I need to get someone out here to service this rather than it being an easy fix.
If you're not handy with small hand tools nor mechanically inclined, then the best possible solution would be or may be to hire a professional. Very likely to be a short circuit in the main control board or a defective spark module.

Old 02-10-08, 05:14 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharp Advice
Hello grav8e. Welcome to Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If you're not handy with small hand tools nor mechanically inclined, then the best possible solution would be or may be to hire a professional. Very likely to be a short circuit in the main control board or a defective spark module.
I don't mind small tools and such...I just don't want to mess with anything that might involve the gas line or could potentially cause problems if not precisely done.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: