Gas Dryer no flame

Old 03-01-08, 05:07 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas Dryer no flame

Maytag gas dryver Model Number: mdg308daww Brand: Maytag Age: 2
I hear one click as I start the dryer and the tumbling begins. There seems to be no heat. When I turn off I hear one click again. I changed the ignitor and the solinoid coils. The original ignitor read 46 ohms and the new one reads 18 ohms. The new ignitor seems a bit different because the ceramic part is a bit larger but the metal part seems identical and it fits in the place fine so I believe it is the correct part for my unit. I checked continuity on the thermal fuse, radiant sensor and the thermostat that are all located in the same area around the gas tubing assembly. All of these parts read 0 ohms, which I believe is fine. I removed the exhaust tubing to see if that was the problem and it still would not heat up. I have not looked inside to see if there is glowing or anything while the machine tumbles. I do not believe there is a view hole. Please help!!!

Old 03-02-08, 03:03 AM
H
Wow, seems to me like you have things covered.

When you say you have 0 ohms through the various components, do you mean there is no continuity or does the meter tone out when you check it (meaning good continuity)?

Old 03-02-08, 06:21 AM
J
Ohms are good

Originally Posted by hankhill6018
Wow, seems to me like you have things covered.

When you say you have 0 ohms through the various components, do you mean there is no continuity or does the meter tone out when you check it (meaning good continuity)?
I mean good continuity as in it went from infinity to 0 as I connected the probes. Everything seemed to check out fine. I do just hear one click when turning it on and then again when I turn it off. No whoosh sound as in the gas igniting, so I dont think it gets that far. I am thinking maybe the gas valve is bad but thats unlikely since not common. Or maybe no current there at all? Thanks for responding Hankhil!!!

Old 03-02-08, 02:51 PM
H
There is a chance that it is a bad gas valve.

Ideally, you would need to check to see if the hot surface igniter is even glowing. Being that you checked the continuity of it we know it's good. If it doesn't glow then there's a problem with something other than the igniter or gas valve.

Unfortunately with most dryers you can no longer peek in a access port or panel to check things as the dryer is operating and I personally are not familiar enough with the rest of the internal workings on what to check for.

Maybe someone else will chime in and lead you in the right direction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: