Correcting Self-cleaning oven mistake

Old 03-05-08, 08:11 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Correcting Self-cleaning oven mistake

Hi - my husband activated the self cleaning mode on our GE Profile oven without my knowing it. It was not wiped down before I heated the oven to 400 degrees so that when I opened the oven the door and the rest of the oven was entirely white. No amount of wiping will get rid of this white cast. In addition the self cleaning happened with both the wire racks still in the oven and a silicone mat on the oven floor. Does anyone know how I can restore the oven to its original condition? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-08, 03:17 PM
H
I personally do not know of any product that will help with your demise. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some helpful tips.

Old 03-07-08, 07:18 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello hope1227 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

The question is, what was in the oven that would turn white when heated? Or burn onto the surfaces when heated? Oven cleaner? Or some other chemical maybe? That burned onto the surfaces when heated?

What also needs to be clarified is, what do you mean by "silicone mat on the oven floor"??? Kindly clarify what this means.

If there is means to clean the surfaces without damage to the surfaces, the interior parts will all need to be replaced.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-15-12, 03:25 PM
N
Did you ever find a solution? This just happened to me!

Old 11-16-12, 05:20 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Nancy and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

I doubt either one of us will ever know what happened....

Member Hope never replied back within this post made.

Secondly, the date of the original post is 03-05-2008....

Surely neither you nor I will ever find out.

Question now is what exactly happened to you? Kindly describe condition or problem in full details so we can assist you with your dilemma. >Include brand, model and all circumstances best as you can. Help us help you....

Read the sticky note in this forum. >HERE< Oven cleaning section. Should find some helpful info there.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers on line web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals section on cleaning appliance, etc. which may be available (in the owners manual) and or on line.

Post back info above requested, etc. Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.