Maytag oven starts automatically

Old 03-08-08, 10:26 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maytag oven starts automatically

Model Number is MGR4451ADW.

My oven on occassion starts automatically on broil mode or bake mode, it's been occuring during the morning times only so far, I hear several beeps and then its on broil and the display says HI. I just press cancel for a couple of seconds and it turns right back off. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old 03-08-08, 10:34 AM
H
Is there a "delay bake" setting on the oven controls? Some of the Maytag models has this feature so it will automatically turn on the oven at a prescribed time.

Refer to your instruction manual for the specific on this.

Old 03-09-08, 02:39 PM
S
The one that I have doesn't come with a delay button.

Old 03-10-08, 02:56 AM
H
Oh well, that was worth a shot. It sounds like the key pad may either be sticking or has some sort of defect in it. To my knowledge there is no DIY way to repair the key pad other than replace it.

Old 03-10-08, 07:33 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Sam

Try this. Unplug the oven from the electrical outlet for several hours. Then plug it back in. Doing so may or may not reset the main circuit board back to default.

If the above fails, I agree with Hank. Likely and hopefully, only the touch pad is defective. But may be the main circuit board as well or only the board.

Inquire at a local appliance parts store that also has service agents or also sells parts to service agents. Parts retailers often know what part or which part(s) cause this problem.

Old 03-13-08, 10:20 AM
S
Repair person came to look at it and she said I might have a short circuit or there maybe some wire issues. It would cost $300 plus to replace the system and as for as the wires, she said it would be difficult to determine which wire is causing the problem. She said the mice might be causing the problem also.
But what what I find odd is that it starts automatically only in the morning. I just reconnected today it has been disconnected ever since I first posted this problem, so hopefully it will not start automatically. I also realize that if I press the cancel and clock button for 3 seconds the lock feature comes on so I might also try that to see if it changes anything, if the disconnect/ reconnect solution doesn't work.

Old 03-14-08, 07:16 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Sam

MICE?

There is the first problem. Mice. Which was not known to be a possible cause in your first post. Now that it is known and a possible cause, a possible solution can now be offered.

If there are mice, and they have been known to chew electrical wires, likely to be the cause. Chewed wires can cause electrical shorts.

Until the mice are gone, no sense fixing the appliances wiring at this time. The mice will only return and chew the new wires... The mice must be gone first.

If the mice chewed any wires, the chewed wires will be visible. Once the mouse problem is corrected, replace the damaged wires and any shorted components and the appliance will then work properly.

Old 03-15-08, 04:30 PM
S
how do you get rid of mice problem when you live in attached house?

Old 03-16-08, 08:08 AM
Admin Emeritus
Originally Posted by sam9009
how do you get rid of mice problem when you live in attached house?
Post that question here: http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Provide plenty of details. Doing so will insure better help...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: