Still Traditional Gas/Natural Stove Available?

Old 03-30-08, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Still Traditional Gas/Natural Stove Available?

Hi:
My Gas/Natural Stove is quite old, but working fine except exterior deteriotion. I started thinking of buying a brand-new Gas Stove which is very similar to the one I've been using since early '80.

When I went few local Appliance stores, including Home Depot, I found most of Gas-Stove/Oven has new feature that is 'clicking' or 'ticking' noise when turning on one of knobs. When I asked about its noise, a sale-person told me that's to be 'standard,' or 'Energy-Saver.'

However, I love a traditional Gas-Stove which does not 'click,' nor 'tick' noise.

Wonder what brand/makers are still making traditional Gas-Stove that does not make 'tick' or 'click' noise?

Thanks,

Old 03-30-08, 12:28 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
all the ticking noise is is an ignitor to light the gas. It replaces a standing pilot light.

I say damn convention and shoot for the new stuff.

(they really are not new though. been around for quite a few years)

Old 03-30-08, 03:28 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In order to let you make an educated decision on whether or not to convert to electronic ignition here are a few facts.

The older standing pilot type range will work when the power is out. The down fall is the pilots will use up their share of gas when you are not cooking.

The electronic ignition type range save on gas when the range is not in use, however, when there is a power outage you will have to light the top burners with a match or lighter and you will not be able to use the oven at all.

Most major appliance manufacturers still make one or two models of the standing pilot variety. Likewise, the big box stores and Sears usually carry at least one model.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: