Magee safety valve

Old 03-30-08, 04:39 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magee safety valve

Anyone know where I can get a safety valve for a Magee DD13193 N68K80-4?

Thanks,
Tim

Old 03-30-08, 05:00 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this will be of any help but I found this post from an old thread. I can not vouch for the correctness of the information but hopefully it will be a step in the right direction.

The poster is "olesailorman". Unfortunately he has been inactive from these forums for over two years so I doubt he would be of additional help.

I saw your posting about your Magee Gas & Gas cooking/heating stove.

I know these stoves well and still use one to heat a small cottage near the beach. It took a lot of research, tracking the maker down thru historical sources, to learn the following:

Magee was made by the Boston Stove Company of Reading, Mass.
They stopped making new stoves around 1985 but stayed in business with parts and service at the same location until fairly recently.
An old time employee, still active at least about a year ago, may still sell parts.

Boston Stove is still in the phone directory as follows:

Boston Stove CO
25 Walkers Brook Drive
Reading, MA 01867
781-944-1045

I don't know if this is the same guy I dealt with for parts. His name is David Bloom and had the above phone number still operating at the old Boston Stove Factory building on Walkers Brook Drive. He linked it to his home phone number. However, I recently called the above number and got a different person's name on an answering machine.

In any event, David Bloom's home phone number is 617-361-5746.

These were great stoves that filled the need in terms of heating apartments and smaller home.

Caloric was about the last company to make Gas & Gas stoves but stopped production around 1996 when that company was taken over by (I believe)
either Whirlpool or Maytag who promptly shut down the Caloric factory.

I hope to keep my Magee going as long as possible since I have the space for little else in the cottage.

Bloom mainly had thermostats and control valves,some small parts, etc. You will not be able to get cabinet parts but can get all parts to keep the oven/top burners and heater functional.

You might also check out REPCO in Texas:

http://www.erepco.com/products/resid...sidential.html

They rebuild gas range thermostats and valves.

Good Luck,

Doug in Connecticut

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: