LG Gas Dryer Connection 3/8 to 1/2

Old 04-07-08, 12:43 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LG Gas Dryer Connection 3/8 to 1/2

I recently bought a new house and was in process of buying appliances. I was not aware of the gas connector and thought everything is universal. Bought a LG Gas Dryer , and a 1/2 inch Gas connector with it. When the Best Buy connecting guys came over to install the same they informed me that the wall opening is 3/8 inch so they can not connect the dryer using this connector. They did not give me any solutions so I m stuck. Can any one help me out?? What possibly can I do???

Old 04-07-08, 04:34 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello deepakpatil. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

There is no need to have a half inch connector on a natural gas dryer. The Btu rating is to lower for a 1/2 inch. A 3/8 inch flex connector is all that is needed.

If the shut off valve on the gas supply pipe already is already a 3/8 shut off sized valve, purchase a 3/8 inch flex connector and connect it yourself.

One end of the flex connector goes onto the shut off valve. The other end of the flex connector goes onto an adapter.

The adapter has a female end which screws onto the gas pipe inlet. The other end of the adapter has a tapper ed end. The male end accepts the other end of the connector.

Once the adapter is installed, connect the other end of the flex connector onto the adapter's male end. Presto! You're done. An easy do-it-yourself project.

Be sure the connections are finger tightened on first. Then tighten with an open ended wrench or an adjustable wrench.

CAUTIONARY NOTE:
DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN the cap ends of the connector. Snug them up only. Over tightening can damage the threads and leaks will occur.

NO pipe tape is to be used on the connectors cap ends. Use thread compound or any type of oil on those threads. Or nothing at all.

Read the sticky note. Connecting dryer info: HERE

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: