kennmore dosnt dry for very long/not at all

Old 05-26-08, 03:18 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
kennmore dosnt dry for very long/not at all

I have a kennmore gas dryer #41791142000.LAST WEEK i noticed clothes still wet after dry cycle,then next load dried normal,this weekend my girlfriend told her clothes were not drying,so when i dried her clothes they were dry.i noticed that it will stay hot for a few minutes and then no heat at all,i tired all the settings with same results,sometimes there is no heat at all.so it appears that something is causing the gas to shut off while all controls seem to be working normal.i took the drum out and cleaned lots of lint/dog hair out of the dryer housing and made sure connections were ok.what is my next step here.

Old 05-26-08, 03:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Check to make sure the vent to he outside is clean, Same volume air at back of dryer as outside, Most long dry time are from clogged vent tube, Have found that a gas coil will sometimes open after they heat up and than dryer will not heat. Very unusual problem.

Old 05-26-08, 04:32 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
kennmore dosnt dry all the time/at all

i did check the vent hose,its clear and flow is same at dryer and at outside vent.

Old 05-27-08, 05:05 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello jsdigger and Welcome into the Gas Appliances topic.

If the venting system is clear of any restrictions, next most common cause for the problem described is defective solenoids. Located on top on the gas control valve.

Replace them. Very likely to resolve the problem. Additional possible causes and solutions will be found by reading the Gas Dryer Help Link: here:

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will more quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve dryer problems.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: