gas oven giving off smoke

Old 06-10-08, 08:23 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gas oven giving off smoke

Do anyone know why every time I use the oven to bake something there is soot on everything???
The door the rack the pots and pans..
It even comes out the back vent.

Thanks in advance for any help
Tony

Old 06-10-08, 12:03 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Did someone use an oven cleaner and no properly rinse the surfaces in the oven? Did someone melt plastic, foil, or other product in the oven?

If not, you have inefficient or incomplete combustion, then carbon monoxide is a problem. With high levels of carbon monoxide, there is sooting. Professional adjustment of the oven is a must. Gas pressure may need adjustment. Air shutter may be faulty or need adjustment. Call to have appliance serviced and refrain from using until service is complete. Investing in a carbon monoxide detector is recommended.

Old 06-10-08, 04:20 PM
H
What type of gas are you using, natural or propane? Also, is the range new? If it is not new is this a recent problem with it?

Old 06-13-08, 04:50 AM
T
We are using propane.....and it has been going on now for awhile....the stove is 22 years old
no we never used any oven cleaner that was not washed off and no plastic...

Old 06-14-08, 07:22 PM
A
The Propane and air are not mixed to the proper burn mixture. IE: too much fuel or too much air. There is several reasons this could just happen. A partial clog to the flu( where the heat comes out on top of the unit) mouse,pencil etc..or Cracked zip tube (the burner)or Gas pressure being wrong. I am sure i em blanking out on more things that could cause a bad fuel/air mix.
This is where a Technician comes in handy where he or she should be able to go over the appliance and check all these things and repair the unit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: