Kenmore Classic Range/Oven-oven & broiler not working

Old 07-08-08, 01:26 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Classic Range/Oven-oven & broiler not working

My Father has a Kenmore Classic Range/Stove/Broiler made in the 1940’s that was working great until a couple weeks ago. The oven has glass doors with the words “Kenmore” and “Classic” written on them. It has slide out burners and overhead oven and broiler. There is also a metal covers that pulls out to cover the burners. Hope this helps everyone to understand what appliance I have.

The oven stopped working a few weeks ago. Thought it was flame switch. Changed this and it still does not work. We were trying to get the flame switch to light and nothing would happen. I happened to push the old start timer and start timer on the oven and suddenly the oven came on. But after we put everything back together and tried again it would not work. In addition the broiler has now suddenly stopped working.

This got me thinking that the old timer on the clock (clock itself does not work) is not allowing the oven or broiler to come on. You can turn the knobs on the clock and make it buzz. And also push the start stops switched in and out. Seems to me they are blocking the oven and broiler form coming on. Is this possible?

Got me thinking….we had a guest at the house not long ago and they used the oven…they may have inadvertently tried to use the timer because the oven stopped working immediately after they used it.

I cannot find anyone who will work on these old appliances. I am trying to figure it out myself. Any ideas/help is appreciated.

Old 07-08-08, 01:49 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
While I am not well versed on these vintage ranges, it sounds to me you are on the right track of a problem with the timer. Unfortunately parts are obsolete and the only way to get what you need is to find an identical range.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: