Caloric range, how do I disconnect the timer

Old 08-20-08, 09:01 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Caloric range, how do I disconnect the timer

Hello,
I have an old caloric gas range, moder RSS307. The timer unit is making a continual grinding/whirring noise. We never use the timer. Seems the best option is to disconnect it, but the power for the gas oven runs through it. Can anybody tell me how to disconnect it, but maintain power to the oven so we can use it manually? Are there other options?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-08, 07:36 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello tjs1563 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

Are you positive the electrical power to run the entire oven runs through the timer? Not so likely. Best suggestion and based upon what is usually done by techs is test.

Unplug the appliance from the power source. The disconnect the timer/clock (???) and test. Plug appliance into power source and test. Rather likely the oven will still work manually.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also offer suggestions as to what they do, based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Read The Sticky Help Note In This Topic:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Regards and Good Luck. Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."