replacing Jenn Air gas range valves

Old 10-15-08, 03:43 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
replacing Jenn Air gas range valves

I am trying to replace a valve on my Jenn Air model JGD8345. I have the valve. I cannot get the old valve out of the manifold. the valve has a squared bottom with inside threads for the supply line. I dont see any screws or screw holes in the valve that would hold it in.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSea...5515&PPStack=1

How do i remove the old valve from the manifold?

Thanks!

Old 10-16-08, 07:46 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello oley962. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

When on the parts page, pass mouse pointer over the right hand small picture part just above the main part display. You'll see threads on the valve body.

Once the burner is removed and the gas supply is turned off to the entire appliance, use a medium sized adjustable wrench on the valves main solid body part. Turn the valve clock wise, as viewed from the top looking down wards. That will unscrew the top burner valve from the manifold.

Lube the new valves threads with oil and screw it into the manifold until it snugs up and the stem points (faces) up wards like the existing valve presently does.

Re assemble burner and turn on the gas to the appliance. Job done... That easy and that simple for a handy person with small tools.

Additional Advice and Information Here:
Read the Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Informational Sticky Note, in this forums topic, for more detailed information.

Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

"Be sure the electrical power and the gas supply to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part."

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: