Need some help w/ a conversion

Old 10-20-08, 03:43 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help w/ a conversion

I have just replaced a Kenmore Gas Range with a new one and want to put in old one in the garage to use for a second oven. The model number of the old one is 362.7352892. It was hooked up to natural gas and now I want to be able to hook it up to a propane tank. I looked for the package that was suppose to come with it as a conversation kit but it is not there. I noticed in another post that you gave instructions on how to do it by adjusting certain orifices etc. Is what I want to do possible and if so, how shall I go about it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 10-24-08, 07:07 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Natural Gas To Propane

Hello jerseygirl60. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

What has to be done is a conversion from natural gas to propane gas. Which means all the existing burner orifices have to be replaced with natural gas orifices or adjusted by screwing them in-wards to reduce there gas flow and the appliance regulator has to be converted also.

Earlier model stoves have regulators that are convertible. It's simply a matter of turning over the tower cap on the regulator. Older stoves that do not have convertible regulators, the entire regulator must be replaced.

Newer model appliance regulators have levers or set screws that have to be turned from one position to another. Look for the letter markings, "LP" or "Nat" on the regulator body.

Failure to convert the appliance from natural gas to propane, while using propane, will result in excessively large burner flames, which will cause soot and produce carbon monoxides, etc.

Read the fuel conversion in the sticky note: here

Also:
Read the prior postings on this fuel conversion topic, within this forum, for other postings and the replies offered. You'll find instructions to make the conversion already posted.

To read the earlier posting questions, go back to the main forum page where all the topics are displayed for this forum. Then scroll down that page change the date back, if needed, to view those earlier thread postings.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. By doing so, the additional information you add or questions you may have, will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-12-08, 12:18 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
further question on conversion from ng to lp

My kenmore range has a regulator which can be switched between ng and lp. Is it also necessary to have a regulator at the propane tank end?

If I switch the oven to run on lp, can I run the oven only and not switch the burners (ie not change the orifice spuds). I would plan on not turning the burners on.

Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: