Gas dryer flexible connector

Old 11-11-08, 10:47 AM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas dryer flexible connector

My 20 year old Whirpool gas dryer finally died, so I went out and bought a new one. But they wanted over $200 to have someone do the hook up (about 20 minutes work tops). Therefore, I am going to do my own hook up -- a plumber friend of mine did the disconnect (on old machine) and he showed me and explained how to do the reconnect (for new machine). So I understand the steps and I feel confident I can accomplish this. I plan to use a flexible gas appliance connector I bought at the same place I bought the dryer. (Yes, I know about the 3 foot length rule.)

My question is: The store only had one length flexible connector - 36" - so that's what I bought. The distance from the gas pipe to the dryer pipe is only about 16". Should I purchase another shorter length connector? Or will I be ok with the extra length on the 36"? Is that going to be a problem?

Old 11-11-08, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Surprised thats the shortest they had, but it's fine. Just route it with no sharp bends and it will be easy to pull out later for duct cleaning and maintenance.

Old 11-15-08, 04:56 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
the 36" flex line is fine.gives you slack to tighten up the connections and move the appliance in or out from wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: