40" Wedgewood Oven & Broiler won't turn on

Old 12-07-08, 01:40 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
40" Wedgewood Oven & Broiler won't turn on

Hello,
I have a 40" Wedgewood oven, that was here when I moved in recently. There's a picture of it on this page, fourth row down, the one on the left. I was able to use the broiler once, then it wouldn't light again. Today the oven won't light. It does have a pilot light, which was out. I lit it, then pressed the red reset button that is in between the clock and timer mounted at the top of the unit. The oven still won't heat up--nothing happens. (Note: When it lit in the past, there would be an intial noise--almost a ticking--then the whoosh of the gas lighting.) How might I fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Old 12-07-08, 02:16 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TinaH
Hello,
I have a 40" Wedgewood oven, that was here when I moved in recently. There's a picture of it on this page, fourth row down, the one on the left. I was able to use the broiler once, then it wouldn't light again. Today the oven won't light. It does have a pilot light, which was out. I lit it, then pressed the red reset button that is in between the clock and timer mounted at the top of the unit. The oven still won't heat up--nothing happens. (Note: When it lit in the past, there would be an intial noise--almost a ticking--then the whoosh of the gas lighting.) How might I fix it?

Thanks for your help!
It appears you have a seperate oven and broiler. The reset you mentioned by the clock is for the oven. Also up there you should notice a knob and it must be on "manual".
The broiler safety is either under the top burner plate or in the pull drawer beneath the broiler. Also I might add the pilots on that brand of range do get dirty and don't strike the thermocouple properly. Do you hav a gas co that makes services calls?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: