Orange flames on all appliances

Old 12-14-08, 06:04 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Orange flames on all appliances

I have a gas range, a seperate oven, a water heater and furnace. The last couplle of weeks we have noticed that the burners were burning orange as opposed to the expected blue.

Suddenly it happened with no identifying catalyst. I read this could be due to improper adjustment on the appliance but I dont think this is the case. The gas burns orange on all appliances.

Could this be something that is central to the house? Gas main valve pinched or impurities in the gas supply? I dont think suddenly all appliances would require adjustment.

Any advice is appreciated...thank you.

Old 12-14-08, 07:44 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello chcbearsfan. (Chicago Bears Fan????.....) Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Nope. Nothing to do with any gas related condition or problem. Simply invisible dust burning. Yep. Dust and any other like or such in the primary (area) air.

Whatever is being done inside the home or some air being circulating is causing existing dust to be burnt. Usually nothing to be alarmed.... about.

Orange flames can be created at any time. When any flame is burning all that needs to be done is flame gently be blown on or a top burner on and by rapping a grate will or can create some orange flames.

The fact that this condition is every where on all household appliances leads me to suspect dust of some variety is the cause. Wood floors, stairways, railings or kitchen cabinets, etc. being sanded? Some other type work being done inside the home maybe?....

Regards and Good Luck. Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, should you care to add additional information or ask additional questions. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within this thread....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: