O'Keefe & Merritt Oven, Stove, Microwave Combo

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-09, 08:48 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
O'Keefe & Merritt Oven, Stove, Microwave Combo

Hello,

I am trying to identify the model number of the range shown below.

The Model/SN plate is missing. The house was built in 1983 and this is original. I need a microwave latch and have been having trouble with the oven not always heating up properly.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-09, 05:59 PM
S
Re: O'Keefe and Merritt stove/microwave combo

To the previous poster: If you find out the model and serial number of this combo, PLEASE share it with me! I have the exact same oven combo, installed when our house was built in 1984, and we don't have a plate with the info on ours, either. I sympathize with your hunt for the microwave latch. The handle (not the latch) of ours broke off several years ago, and it was only due to the diligent search by a local repairman that we could replace it.

To everyone else in the forum: My problem is also with the microwave. The "start" button on its touchpad no longer works which, of course, renders the microwave useless. We had a kitchen fire several months ago (nowhere near the stove, though) and the cleaning service that the insurance company sent out scrubbed everything in sight to within an inch of its life. We suspect that water got into the touchpad and messed it up. I do not want to give up this wonderful stove/combo, but I can't simply replace the microwave, because the microwave unit (as you'll see from the other poster's photo) also contains the control knobs for the oven and broiler.

ANY help would be appreciated. Repairmen always tell me to "just" get a new stove. Just? Well, this stove is more solidly built than anything I could buy today, and I want it REPAIRED, not replaced.

Advice, please!
SJ

Old 09-11-09, 11:20 AM
P
I also have the same stove. The microwave just stopped working so I plan on getting a new stove. What information do you need ? Where is the model / serial number plate ? My microwave handle cracked off but the remaining "stub" works, I'd be happy to send you the handle assembly. Paul

Old 09-11-09, 02:09 PM
G
The model number plate is under the stove top. Just lift and it should be on the cross bar between the burners.

Thanks.

Closed Thread