Magic Chef Stove

Old 08-15-09, 06:47 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Magic Chef Stove

Re: My Magic Chef Oven: I've had it apart, have redone the insulation and recently am replacing the Safety Valve (including pilot, thermocouple) of my Magic Chef Stove Model #U312W-11W (no retailer, by the way, can locate this Model number). I love this stove, it has been working great all along -have had it for about 20 years. Have know idea of it's year of make, but likely 70's, up to mid 80's. The problem is: The new flare nut (or is it called a compression nut?) fitting that attaches to the body of the safety valve is 3/8" and accommodates a 3/8" tube (rather than 7/16" - the exterior diameter of the gas line is 7/16 inch).
How can I step down this connection and is doing such OK? (Or should I try to get back ahold of the core I returned after it gets rebuilt, as a possibility?)
Any ideas?

Old 08-17-09, 06:10 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Janmalibu and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

I would not suggest reducing (stepping down) the inlet tube diameter. The diameter has been pre-determined to supply the correct volume of gas to the appliance part.

In this instance, based upon the posted description, I suspect you're referring to the ovens gas valve???...

Any reduction to any gas supply tube would not be of any benefit. More of a problem..... Avoid any reduction in any gas supply tubes......

The retailer should have all the correct parts. Including the supply tubes, flare nuts (compression nuts) etc.

Use the reply button to add additional information and/or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Regards and Good Luck. Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 08-17-09, 07:24 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magic Chef stove

Thanks for the feedback. I thought reducing the tube size would not be good - yes, it's to the safety valve of the oven. I'll have to see if I can get my old one back/rebuilt. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: