Weird GE Oven Ignitor Problem

Old 11-05-09, 11:27 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Weird GE Oven Ignitor Problem

I just replaced the oven ignitor in my GE oven (old one worked, but not well enough for the gas to come on). Repair was easy,but the new ignitor does not work (and I switched back to the old one and it doesnt work either). I thought something might have happend with the control valve but the broiler is still working fine (and so power to the control valve is good).

I was very careful installing the ignitor and I very sure that I didnt damage it...what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-09, 07:39 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Rich and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

Based on the description, I have to assume... there are two separate burners? One for the oven and one for the broiler?

If that is correct, there will be two gas control valves. One for each burner. Not one gas control valve for both. Kindly correct me or clarify.

Also should be two glow igniter's and two burners? Or one burner & one igniter functioning for both oven and broiler?

Possible during the R&R (remove & replace) a connection at the wire terminals not making contact. Especially if the quick disconnect had to be removed and the wires twisted together.

Kindly elaborate more with details how the new igniter was installed. Help us help you.....

Within the sticky note HERE there is a detailed explanation how to install a new igniter (HSI) without a quick disconnect pre-installed.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Regards and Good Luck. Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."