gas cooktop

Old 12-04-09, 07:49 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gas cooktop

It's a Kenmore model 790.75768001.There's no spark at one of the burner electrodes.Does this top lift up for replacement?
Thanks.

Old 12-05-09, 07:47 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello deebee and Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Not exactly sure if that models top lifts up or not. You can use a match or lighter to light any burner that does not light using the sparker. Or light one that does work with the sparker and while the sparking is happening light the one that does not. Then turn off the unwanted burner. I.E. Light two by turning on both at the same time to get nonoperational one lit.

Old 12-05-09, 08:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You could also fix the problem. They are designed to ignite when the gas is turned on. Good safety feature. Without it, you could accidentally turn on the burner and emit gas in sufficient quantities to cause an explosion. Take your vacuum cleaner and using the wand, suck out he areas around the electrode. You could have a piece of crud keeping it from grounding when the exciter is turned on. If you still can't get it to work, I would call out a service pro to take a look at it. Let us know how the cleaning goes and if you get it to work or not.

Old 12-06-09, 03:41 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cook stove

i have a ge xl44 gas stove propane,and the top will not lite but the oven will whats up with it jeff

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: