What should I buy.

Old 02-14-00, 02:37 PM
Visiting Guest
I'm looking a purchase a new gas cooktop range. Whats the difference between sealed and non-sealed burners and what is the min. height req'd for a commercial btu hood.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-00, 07:25 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Howdy,
You will have ot check with your local Gas supplier to find out the code in your area ( they differ from state to state and province to province )..up here the min is 20 inches from top of cook top to the bottom of the cupboards.
Sealed burners are much easier to keep clean, all spills stay on the top and cannot seep down under like on the open burners.
There are many different brands, makes, colours, styles...you should be happy with any you choose...happy cooking!!
jeff.

Old 02-14-00, 08:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello r.Todd

Regarding the range hood, off hand I do not memeber the minimum size. They do come in various sizes. Measure your space and choose from the selections offered.

<You may need to purchase this item from a commercial retailer.>

Pertaining to the stove top sealed verses non sealed burners, that all depends on whether much gets boiled over while cooking.

Non sealed burners have removeable spill pans and sealed burners only the grates can be removed.

Whichever you choose, may also depend on appearence. Many cook tops come as a matched set with the oven.

Your select may all just boil down <pun intended...haha> to personal preference.

Happy Shopping.
TomBartco

------------------
Sincerely,
TomBartco
TomBartco Enterprises.
Trade:Natural Gas Energy Consultant & Technician.
Appliance Service & Repairs Rep.
Vocations:Saw & Tool Sharpening. Small Engine Repairs.
Accurate Power Equipment Company.

Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."