installing a gas oven

Old 06-10-00, 05:18 AM
Visiting Guest
we are about to replace our old gas oven with a new one but were told by the seller that they will not disconnect the old nor connect the new appliance. How do I safely disconnect the old etc? I am a novice!

Old 06-10-00, 06:10 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi:tamalone

My assumption here <since there isn't any mention of it> is this is a built in cabinet oven.

Therefore, look underneath it in the cabinet for a shutoff gas valve. If you find it, close it before you remove the flexible gasline. While you looking/working under there also unplug the power cord.

If there is only one of the above under the cabinet, then the other is behind the ovens glass front panel.

Both the power cord and gasline may be behind this panel if nothing is visable under the cabinet.

Once you have completed the above steps, open or remove both the oven and broiler doors. Along the sides you will find and need to remove about four long wood screws that secure the oven to the cabinet.

Get some help and slide the oven out and set it on something like and old rug so as not to damage the flooring.

Relax and Rest up. You'll need the break if this appliance is the full size model...hahaha. Then move it out of the kitchen totally.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: