caloric gas range

Old 06-10-00, 07:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a sparking problem at all burners,I isolated the switches and ohmed them out and the are all open I dont see any moisture but did notice when I turn the oven on the stovetop stops sparking could this indicate a faulty oven switch?Everything else seems ok.

Old 06-11-00, 11:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Hi:flash

I doubt you have any problem. Some manufacturers use one sparker for all pilots.

Thus, when you turn on the oven, the top burner sparkers also activate.

If this was how it worked before <no mention of how it worked prior in your post> and electrically everything checks out fine, then not to worry.

Regards,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.

Old 06-14-00, 06:56 AM
Visiting Guest
om, the original problem is that when the stove is plugged in it sparks all the time and like i indicated before when i isolated the switches and ohmed them out they where all open this leads me to believe there is a short in the spark module.What do you think?Thanks for your help.

Old 06-14-00, 06:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi:flash

If your sure all those switches are in fact opened, then you could be correct.

The capacitor may have become to weak to hold a full charge and be prematurely gounding out at the sparkers.

To determine this, take it to an appliance store for a test. If it fails you will then, of course, need to replace the unit.

An alternate method would be to unplug ALL the switches, cover any bare wire ends and plug the cord in. If it still sparks at the ignitors, the module could be defective.

Be aware that the above test is NOT conclusive. It's still possible the unit is okay.

Be aware too, that's full houseline currect at those wires.

Good Luck,
TomBartco

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: