Noisy clothes dryer

Old 07-08-00, 09:19 AM
Visiting Guest
When I turn on my Maytag gas dryer (approx. 16 yrs. old) it makes a noise like the drum is jumping around. Once they dryer gets going it sounds normal. Would this indicate that the belt is in need of replacement? I have never had any other problems so everything is original parts.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 07-08-00, 12:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi:MerryM100

If your the orginal owner and this dryer has run for 16 years, it's a testiment as to how well it was built when compared to those of any brand made today.

If you have never replaced the drum rollers, slides or rear drum bearing, any or all of these could very definitely be the problem.

Should you replace these items, also replace the belt, since it will have to be removed anyway.

Any dryer repair company that repairs this brand can do this for you. Check the yellow pages of your phone book for a local dealer.

You may want to contact Maytag directly. Might be a good idea, so you can be assured of getting orginal replacement parts for this well built machine.

TIP:
Should you care to replace these parts yourself, go to an appliance retail parts store with the model number and serial numbers and order/buy the parts before removing the worn out ones.

HINT:
<Often times parts for machines over 10 years old have to be ordered. And even then there isn't any guarantee you'll get the correct part the first time.>

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.
Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: