How do you hook up a gas dryer?

Old 07-28-00, 11:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I'm moving into a new house that has a hook up for a gas dyer. I 've heard they're pretty easy to hook up, but really don't know how.

Can anyone walk me thru the process?
(or should I just shell out the $75 to have a professional do it?)

Old 07-29-00, 07:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi:Suzannerena

If your planning to install the machine yourself, dryer installation kits are available at all hardware stores. Purchase the 1/2 inch by 3/8 shut off valve kit.

You will need to turn of the main gas supply at the meter first. You need pipe wrenches to remove the cap on the gas pipe coming out from the wall.

You'll also need a 10 inch adjustable wrench, pipe thread lube and sealant to apply to the pipe threads and the the plastic exhaust vent tubing.

Directs for installing the parts should be enclosed with the kit. Also check the archives in this forum for instructions and tips I posted for others.

You might also contact your gas supplier. Many gas utilities also install, new free standing, appliances.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.
Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 08-02-00, 05:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your help. I called the gas company but they unfortunately wouldn't do it. IBut I did finally got it working the other day.

quote:<HR>Originally posted by TomBartco:
Hi:Suzannerena

If your planning to install the machine yourself, dryer installation kits are available at all hardware stores. Purchase the 1/2 inch by 3/8 shut off valve kit.

You will need to turn of the main gas supply at the meter first. You need pipe wrenches to remove the cap on the gas pipe coming out from the wall.

You'll also need a 10 inch adjustable wrench, pipe thread lube and sealant to apply to the pipe threads and the the plastic exhaust vent tubing.

Directs for installing the parts should be enclosed with the kit. Also check the archives in this forum for instructions and tips I posted for others.

You might also contact your gas supplier. Many gas utilities also install, new free standing, appliances.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.
Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."
<HR>

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: