Westinghouse gas dryer

Old 08-02-00, 07:55 AM
Visiting Guest
We have a westinghouse gas dryer with an electronic ignition. I pressed the start button and nothing happened, just the click of the ignition engaging. Now I just tried it and the motor started and the drum turned but it made a loud growling noise.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-02-00, 10:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi:HARRY

From your post I am trying to determine if you have a mechanical problem or an ignition problem.

The growling noise you mentioned {mechanical noise} sounds like possibly the drum rollers need to be replaced.

If your referring to the ignitor not turning on {coil glowing} then it may be burned out. If you only heard one click and the glow coil did not turn on, then it's possible one of the two solenoids is defective.

Before you call for service or attempt a repair, first check the settings on the control panel.

Check the archrives in this forum for more information on problem solving and repairing. Contact your local natural gas supplier. Many still offer in home service calls.

Need further assistance aftering check archives, post back your questions with complete details.

Good Luck,
TomBartco

Old 08-02-00, 03:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Tom Bartco

Dear Tom:

Thank you for your help with my Westinghouse dryer. I will check the drum rollers as you suggested and will let you know the results.

Thanks again.

HARYD

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: