Gas Dryer Timer Switch

Old 12-23-09, 04:12 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Dryer Timer Switch

Hello out there. This is my first post. I have a Frigidaire Gallery Gas Dryer Model FSG447GHSO. I had to purchase a new timer switch. The timer switch is model M460-G. I had started to hook up the new switch using the old switch as a guide. While doing this I lost my grasp of the new switch and some of the wires disconnected. I am at a loss as to which wires go to which terminals on the switch.

There are eight wires to the timer switch. An orange wire is connected to the timer switch at terminal "A" and this wire comes from the Temperature Control Switch. There is also one of the black wires which comes from the Start Switch and goes to terminal "C". The additional wires I have are two black wires ( from the start switch), a light brown wire from the Dry Temperature switch, a white wire from the Dry Temperature switch and a combination black and red wire which comes from possibly the temperature sensor and the heat element.

Anyway, the terminals on the switch are a three prong (shaped like an “H”) with a letter “C”; another three prong (shaped like an “H”) with the letter “B”; this is next to the terminal “C”; a single prong with the letter “A”. There is then a two prong terminal marked with the letter “R” and another two prong terminal marked with the letter “X” and another two prong terminal marked with the letters “TM”. A two prong “T” shaped terminal marked with the letter “D”, a single prong terminal marked with an “E’ and finally a “T” shaped terminal marked with an “M”.

Maybe this is all confusing as you are unable to see it. If someone had a schematic of the switch with the wires by colored attached to the correct terminals then I would be able to get the dryer working again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-09, 03:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 71 Votes on 64 Posts
Most timer the prongs are labeled with the color of wire that goes to it y = yellow, Should of been a wiring diagram either under consul or if you have a kick panel take that off and usually taped to ons side is the tech sheet. Just checked your model # here is a wiring diagram
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...d=0151200&bran
Let us know how it goes.

Old 12-24-09, 05:07 AM
S
Hello pugsl,

Thank you very much for your reply. So I looked for a kick. No such luck. As stated above the switch and the wires are not color coded. The switch (both the old one and the new one) does not have a coding on it that relates to the color of the wires. The web site that you sent me takes me to Parts Direct but there was nothing there and it stated that they could not find my model.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you very much for your help.

shejoh

Old 12-24-09, 01:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 71 Votes on 64 Posts
Try this copy and paste your model # in
Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com
Wiring diagram was there. just tried it again and work fine for me,

Old 12-24-09, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I saw the wiring diagram...but couldn't read it on the screen...maybe a printout would have been legible....

Won't be much help for a few days..but if you can find an independent appliance repair guy..he might make a copy of what he has if the printout thing doesn't work.

Old 12-24-09, 07:59 PM
S
So I was able to finally pull up the wire diagram. It seemed to take forever to do so. Yes you are right about not being able to read it. I did print it and the print is so bad that you cannot even blow it up on a copy machine and read it. Any other help that you can provide guys would be great!! Will not be able to get any other help until after the holday weekend. If you read this soon hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas.

Thanks again for the help.

Old 01-07-10, 03:11 PM
S
Gas Dryer Timer hookup

Hello Gunguy45,

Really appreciate it your last response. It sounded like you might be able to help but at a later date. Have you had any more thoughts about this timer switch and what it would take to hook it up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

shejoh

Old 01-07-10, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Sorry...I meant that there wouldn't be any repair places open for a few days....didn't mean to mislead you.

Where in AZ?