changing barbacue burners

Old 10-05-00, 06:23 PM
Visiting Guest
I have lost manual for Thermos grill. I bought new burners. I don't know how to remove old or really install new without some help. I am a handy lady at repairs, but this time I am lost. A $ repair person is out of the question. Can someone tell me Thermos's web or post pictures of how to repair.

Hungry in Ukiah, California

Old 10-05-00, 08:49 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi:Ukiah

I do not have pictures nor know of a web site to visit that offers this type of help. However, I can offer you some proceedures to follow here that should be helpful.

First, wear the outdoor working clothes and maybe some garden gloves. Then remove everything from inside the BBQ down to the burners. Then attempt to carefully lift up and out the burners.

Most BBQ's do not use clips or screws to secure the burners. They simply lift off the burner valves which you can see from under the appliance.

Some BBQ's use small screws to secure the burners in place while others use a bracket assembly. Check around and find out which type yours uses. Hopefully they just lift out since those screws often are rusted and make removal difficult.

Once you have the old burners out, clean out the bottom of the BBQ and install the new burners in reverse order as you did removing the old ones.

Look carefully and be sure the new burner tubes have slipped on to those burner orfices fully. They must be on those brass jets fully. If so, then put everything else back in the BBQ.

You may want to test it first before putting in the brickets. If all goes well, your done. You may want to install new brickets if needed at this time too.

Hope this helps. Post a followup reply if you need more help. You can also ask your local gas utility if they offer a free home gas appliance safety checkup before you complete the job.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: