Caloric heritage series range pilot light not keep on

Old 12-27-09, 05:31 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Caloric heritage series range pilot light not keep on

The range hasn't been used for years. After manually lit the pilot light, the oven works. But after I turn off thermostat, the pilot light is off, too. So every time I have to manually light the pilot light. How can I keep the pilot light on?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-09, 06:20 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello mcyh321 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

Unfortunately, based upon such limited and un-detailed specific information, I would be guessing at exactly what may be the problem may be. (???).....

Need the model and year of the appliance. The stove may be an old model with a pilot that must be lit the first time. Not the type of pilot that remains on even when oven isn't being used. A very old model that is known as a match light oven.

Another answer needs to be known. Kindly advise. Does the oven continue to bake? (burner continue to cycle on and off) Until thermostat turned off. (???) If so, most likely is a match lit oven type.

>>>Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.<<<

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Read The Sticky Advice And Information Note In This Topic:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. Range/Stove/Oven/Broiler Info, Leak Detection, Fault Codes, Fuel Conversion & Links - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Use the reply button to add the additional information requested. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Side Note: Your location in California implies the natural gas supplier makes free house calls for minor services. Service rep can check appliance and very type. Also provide info on how the stove and oven operate. Call number on back of gas bill if using natural gas....