Roper Gas Range won't light (Duplicate Post)

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-09, 10:02 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Roper Gas Range won't light (Duplicate Post)

I also have an older Roper gas range, model #F6558LO, and it suddenly decided to stop doing the electric start for flame-on. It used to make a clicking sound when you turned on a burner or the oven, but now it does nothing except leak gas into the air. It started when my wife started complaining a lot about the stove, stating that she wanted a new stove. I told her we didn't have the money and she should be happy she had a working stove. I guess the stove overheard her complain, because when she started, it stopped working right. I told her that men understand that machines have feelings too. So now, we still can't afford a new stove, and dad has a new project to work on. I am guessing this particular model might be as old as 18 years or so, which, if it lasted that long, I guess that is a good thing. However, it came with the house we bought 2 years ago, and is probably on its last leg. The stove gets electricity because the clock and oven light work, which should be on the same supply as the igniter. So, I don't think the stove just isn't getting juice. I am guessing it is a thermostat perhaps or something else. What do you think?

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 12-29-09 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Duplicate Post. Click Link In Post Below Back To Original
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-09, 05:56 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Duplicate post...

Original Question and a reply posted here: http://forum.doityourself.com/kitche...ont-light.html

Use the REPLY button in the original question posted for all communications pertaining to this appliance please.

Beer 4U2

Closed Thread