gas oven and broiler wont light

Old 11-08-00, 09:36 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a Kenmore drop in stove, model no 911,354,8813, with electronic ignition. When i program the digital buttons for the broiler or oven, they will not light, but in a few seconds, the display will read F2 or F3 and beep. What could the problem bee. Thank you, Carole

Old 11-08-00, 08:41 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb

Hi:Carole

One cause for the code could be an interruption of electric power to the appliance.

Did the power fail at the house recently?
What I mean by this is was there no house electric power for some reason? Like maybe a storm, downed power pole or line in your area?

A possible cure is to unplug the appliance and leave it off for several minutes. This should reset the computer module and restore the system back to default settings.

Good Luck,
TomBartco

Old 11-09-00, 08:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Thank you for your reply, i have already unplugged the stove, i have to keep it unplugged because the beeping will not stop. When i plugged it back i tried to start the oven again, but the same thing happened, i had the same result with the broiler. Do you know what else i could do. Thank Carole

Old 11-09-00, 09:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Carole,
I have a similar range (different brand) and I had a similar problem after a power outage. I found instructions in the owner's manual on how to reset the computer (Did you check?). That solved my problem. You may want to call customer service for their help. I have had to call about my range on an unrelated issue and found them to be VERY helpful. GOOD LUCK.:P

Old 11-13-00, 07:42 PM
Visiting Guest
I tried unplugging the stove and left it off for a while, but still no luck, the oven and broiler still will not go on. Does anyone know how i can reprogram the digital settings on the stove. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: