Magic Chef Oven's Clock/Timer Fails w/heat

Old 01-04-10, 11:49 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Magic Chef Oven's Clock/Timer Fails w/heat

Greetings experts,
I've got a Magic Chef gas oven that has a digital clock/timer setup. The oven's probably 5 years old. Since Thanksgiving, the timer display fails when the oven reaches around 300 degrees F.
I'm going to investigate the innards, as the part is around $150 and it seems that I might be able to insulate the electronics better. Perhaps the factory insulation has diminished somehow and that's causing the failure. As the unit cools, the display comes back on.
Thoughts, experience, comments, recommendations? Thanks.
Brian W

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-10, 04:24 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Brian. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Very possible to much heat is getting to the control board and other electronic components. Althought I have not experienced such problems nor heard of such with recently made ovens. Does or did use to happen to some other appliances like dishwashers and clothes washer, etc.

Ask what the solution is at a local appliance parts store. Many of them sell parts to service agents whom fix appliances. Very likely they would know. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Call the manufacturer. Number on the owners manual of listed in the sticky note HERE

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.