Low Gas Flow in the Stove

Old 04-26-10, 12:04 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Low Gas Flow in the Stove

Hi,

I have gas range in the kitchen but the flow of gas is very low. I checked the holes and they are clean. Is there any way to check if there is any problem with the flow and to increase it or is it to dangerous to by myself?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharif

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-10, 07:52 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Arrow More Details With Specific Information Requested.

Hello Sharif. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Kindly help us help you....

I'll need more details and specifics to diagnose the problem. Kindly use the reply button to answer each of the questions below. Thanks.

What fuel type is the appliance using?

Natural gas or propane?

When was the condition first noticed?

How long has the condition been present?

Is the appliance used? Or New?

Are there any other gas appliances in the house?

If there is, what are they and how well do they work if known.

Answers to the above questions will help to diagnose the problem. If the problem is a gas problem or a problem with the appliance only, etc.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

The problem described may be caused by the gas supply. Whether it be natural gas or propane and may not be a do it yourself repair.

Suggestion:
Call the gas supplier first and ask them what may be the problem and or have them check their equipment first.

Old 04-27-10, 06:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you have other gas appliances such as a furnace or water heater? If so, can you check the flame appearance on those and see if the flames there seem unusually low when the burners are switched on?

There are a lot of possible causes to this kind of problem. I'd start with the easy ones and check to see that the gas valve behind the range is turned fully on and check to see that the gas valve at the gas meter is turned fully on.

Old 09-12-10, 02:23 PM
S
I have water heater and my whole heating system also natural gas. Those seems to be working fine.
How can I locate the valve behind the range? The is a gas range that is mounted at a center granite island and below it I have drawers. I cannot see where the gas line connected the range.

Sharif

Old 03-07-11, 07:17 PM
S
Well - I bought this house 3 years ago - so I assume the appliance is old. There is no problem with other appliances - everything is gas in my house. Water heater, heating seems to be working fine. It is just the stove has low flame - unusually low.

Sharif

Old 03-08-11, 03:51 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You may want to remove the drawers and see if something in a drawer may have pushed the line valve partially closed

Old 03-09-11, 08:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you can't find the shutoff valve don't bother going any further.

Find a qualified repairman to check out your equipment. As Sharp suggested, call your gas utility and see if they will help you.

In my days as a utility repairman, I would have been able to check out your appliance at no charge.