Dryer wont heat.....just worked on

Old 05-26-10, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dryer wont heat.....just worked on

Well first something got stuck in the lint trap. It sounded horrible. I took the back off and then took off enough screws to get my hand back there and pull out an ink pen. The very first load after that, everything went fine. Then the next load didnt get heat. It tumbles just fine, just no heat.
If its an element, is this easy to fix and how much is it?
what else could it be?
thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-10, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am not an expert, I did replace one of my elements a few years ago, I want to say it was $50-$75, it wasnt hard to replace. What I did was took the tumbler off and plugged it in and saw that only one of my elements was getting bright orange. It could be a relay, most dryers have a few--maybe its sticking? I think I have a kenmore, about 7 years old.

Old 05-27-10, 04:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
Is this a gas or electric dryer? below is for electric
UNPLUG DRYER FIRST
model# and can tell you what to check, Will need ohm meter, From what I read you have a lint screen in the top of dryer, Already had back panel off, Heater is long silver piece on right side with 2 thermostats and and heater wire connections on bottom. Usually what goes wrong is the top thermostat or heater. Can take heater out and look for a broken wire usually near the top.