Convert Brinman Gass Grill to natural Gas

Old 06-14-10, 12:40 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Convert Brinman Gass Grill to natural Gas

I have a Brinkan Model- 810-1450-0 gas gril nd I want to conver it to use natural gas instead of propane. it has four main burners at 48K BTUs and a side burner at 12K BTUs. I alread hve the quick disconnect that is installed in the outside wall of the house. Can you please tell me all I ned to do to convert this grill over to natural gas including what size to drill to use.

Thanks for all the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-10, 04:11 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Arrow Propane to natural gas conversion

Hello: D Reno

Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers on-line web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes and solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures and instructions, fuel type conversions, pictorials and schematics, which may be available on-line.

An excellent source for original replacement parts is your local retail appliance parts store. Appliance parts dealers carry replacement parts for all appliances. Parts dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Read the prior postings on this fuel conversion topic, within this forum and the replies offered within them. You'll find instructions to make the conversion already in them.

Additional Information:
Propane Gas Informational Pages Here:

Home Page

Propane Gas Orifice Sizing Here:
Chapter 9 - System Installations

A conversion to propane from natural gas means all the existing burner orifices have to be replaced with propane orifices. Propane gas orifices have holes sized for propane fuel, which is too small for natural gas fuel. The appliance regulator has to be converted also.

Failure to convert the appliance from natural gas to propane, while using propane, will result in excessively large burner flames, which will cause soot and produce carbon monoxides, etc. Best bet is to convert the appliance before connecting it to the new fuel source.

Read the prior postings on this fuel conversion topic, within this forum, for other postings and the replies offered. You'll find instructions to make the conversion already posted.

Read The Sticky Advice Note In This Topic:
(Sticky Notes are provided to expedite advice for & to you)
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. Range/Stove/Oven/Broiler Info, Leak Detection, Fault Codes, Fuel Conversion & Links - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."