Kenmore Series 80 not drying.

Old 07-02-10, 02:26 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Series 80 not drying.

Model 110.77832795. The dryer runs, and the heater (gas) kicks on, however the clothes dont completely dry. They come out damp. I read through some of the stickies and threads. I cleaned out the vent, no difference. Disconnected the vent completely and the clothes still arent completely dry. It appears the burner is cycleing on and off like normal.

We normally use the dryness setting as opposed to the timed dry cycle.

How does the moisture sensor work, could this be the problem, and how do I test it?

Old 07-02-10, 02:44 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,165 Votes on 1,123 Posts
This is a change - the same setting used to get the clothes dry and now does not?

Old 07-03-10, 01:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Are the clothes warm or hot 15 minutes into cycle? Usual problem is the coils on top of gas valve, They warn up and than open, than no heat,

Old 07-03-10, 04:48 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Hanr3 and Welcome into the Gas Appliances topic.

As mentioned, and I agree with, problem could be one of the solenoids. Which are located on top of the gas control valve.

However, before replacing them, sold and installed as a matched pair only, clean out the machines internal venting system.

Remove the dryers panels to access the blower compartment. The blower fan cage and the areas inside it may be clogged and/or restricted with lint, etc. Which would cause the dryer to cycle off the burner on it's high temperature limit safety switch. Causing the exact problem you're describing....

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Old 07-03-10, 03:09 PM
H
Thanks for the reply guys.

I'll clean out the blower housing, and replace the solinoids.

These are the first repairs since I've owned the unit.

Old 07-03-10, 08:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I do not agree that the problem is the coils. If they are the problem, the burners will typically not light at all.

Checking the vent system for debris and plugging is a good approach. A short hand way to test that to some extent is to see how much air flows out the vent ----if the air flow is anemic or limited, an air flow problem is likely.

If there is ample air flow and no plugging, a bad thermostat, limit switch or timer would be worth checking out.

Old 07-10-10, 11:25 AM
H
Just wanted to update you all.

Turns out the solinoids was the problem.
Replaced those and she works great again.
Thanks for your help and guidance. Beer 4U2

By the way, I did find about 220 coins in the dryer base, about $22 worth. Almost paid for the new parts.

Old 07-16-10, 08:00 AM
N
I had the same problem and it was the coils, too. I did struggle a bit with replacing them but I found a great video that shows you how to do it:

YouTube - RepairClinic's Channel

The Repair Clinic channel in Youtube has a lot of these repairs for dryers and washers.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: