Convert a GE Profile Stove back to Natural Gas

Old 08-25-10, 12:13 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Convert a GE Profile Stove back to Natural Gas

I bought a gas GE Profile Stove that was returned to the store. The previous owner converted it to LP (liquid propane) and didn't put the NG (natural gas) parts back in the envelope on the back of the stove.

GE Parts recommended I buy a conversion kit to make it natural gas, but the kit I received was an LP conversion kit. This is essentially 6 orifice spuds to replace the 5 burners on the top and one in the oven.

Recently I found out they dont' make an NG conversion kit and you have to buy the parts separately. Furthermore, the spuds that I need to replace are no longer available by themselves. You have to purchase each orifice holder at about 7x the cost of the LP kit.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party that makes these replacement parts at a reasonable price or know of a shop that has the original NG spuds?

Old 08-26-10, 07:00 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello johnml and Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Suggestions:

Seller should provide parts, if you told them you wanted to convert the appliance back to Nat gas prior to purchase.

Store should be able to get the parts from the previous owner, since they bought the appliance from that party and likely have contact info.

Most retail appliance stores have the parts, since they sell to service companies that can be hired to make the conversion.

If you notice the ads to the right of the page, ads by google, there is an on line retailer that has conversion kits.

Pronto.com - Compare Prices, Shop Online & Save

One more source to locate a conversion kit....

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Old 08-26-13, 03:53 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me too

has anyone "really" gotten the corect info to convert back to Nat. Gas from LP with a Ge profile gas range?

Old 08-26-13, 11:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,162 Likes on 2,841 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Please read the following thread.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ga...-gas-fuel.html

Old 10-09-13, 09:27 PM
M
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call your gas co. They may do it for free. I've done many over the years and they may also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: