Indoor Dryer vents Can they be used with gas dryers

Old 10-19-10, 12:17 AM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Indoor Dryer vents Can they be used with gas dryers

I live in a trailer and don't have a outside vent. Would those indoor dryer vent things work with a gas dryer. I notice allot of them say not for use with a gas dryer. Is that cause gas dryers give of CO. I don't have a hookup for a electric dryer.

Old 10-19-10, 03:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Do not use indoor vent with gas dryer.

Old 10-19-10, 04:41 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,165 Votes on 1,123 Posts
Nope, gotta vent that outside

Old 10-19-10, 05:32 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
One primary reason to vent the exhaust outdoors is all the moisture. If the vent where indoors, the volume of moisture would be excessive, dampen everything in the area. Plus it also smells bad. Over time that moisture will deteriorate the paint, rugs, furniture, etc.

In the event something where to effect the clean burning of the gas flame, like dust or lint in the burner, a higher level then normal or an amount higher then the acceptable amount of CO would be produced.

If there is no outside wall nearby to install a vent hood, a mobile home can use a floor vent installed to the underside of the home. Then extended to an area away from any window or entry access.

Contact the parks manager and/or maintenance person and inquire. Rules apply and codes apply also. Get the installation done correctly to be sure and safe....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: