Having gas dryer line installed

Old 11-01-10, 10:23 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Having gas dryer line installed

How much does it run to have a gas line installed for a gas dryer? I'm in a mobile home and was wondering who is cheaper having the gas company do it or hire someone. The gas wall furnace is located right next to the bathroom and the meter is outside the bathroom.The pipe goes under the trailer above ground. They could tap into the furnace supply pipe like it was hooked up at my old house. Water heater is electric(210 volts 1 element). I also need a hole drilled into the floor for the vent. I have seen portable 120 dryers that fit on a counter top. do those really work for like jeans sweaters?

Old 11-02-10, 05:49 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Flirty1

Determining costs is a variable based upon your location and job difficulty, etc. Not really possible to provide how much it would cost with out a professional being on sight to determine what needs to be done and how it will be accomplished according to local codes.

Peace of mind knowing the final job is done to code and safely also has value. If you hire a contractor, IMO, that person should be licensed to work on gas piping. Anything less can be risky. Local mobile home parks often have a list of trusted pros to call. Ask. If the gas supplier offers such services, I would suggest asking them as well.

Re: counter top dryers? Never seen one myself. Possibly someone in the park has one? If so, might be worth asking whom and asking them what such a dryer is able to do and or not due.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: