Thermador low simmer burners - peculiar behavior

Old 11-26-10, 03:02 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thermador low simmer burners - peculiar behavior

Thermador Model DP364GECS/02. Uses same simmer control replacement module as many Thermador and Bosch ranges, I understand. Part 619016. OK, here's the story. Nothing happens on the two left units with the low simmer capability. Thermador man comes and with no voltage or connection testing says I need new simmer control module. Has to back order it and tells me feel free to seek it elsewhere, which I did. Installed it today. Rear burner works fine. Front burner lights sometimes and goes out, BUT even with both burners off, igniter keeps going off every minute for a few seconds each time. This continues without stop. (It's been several hours now.) Also hear a clunking inside, perhaps a solenoid. If I shut off electric power to the stove and then turn back on, I get a light sequence that I think might be a fault code: red light, blue light, and then I think 4 blinks of the other blue light. Can anyone help me solve this mystery? I checked all slide on connections.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-10, 05:25 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Charlie and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

With some installations the described condition results. Most common cause is either no ground at the electrical outlet or a reversed polarity. Meaning negative is positive and positive is negative.

Which often may not cause any noticeable problem to non electronic components like light bulbs, etc. However, can and often does do so with electronic appliances and or components, etc.

Both or either of the described conditions mentioned above need to be and should be checked by an electrician to insure there is a ground back to the main electrical panel and polarity is correct.

No extension cords to the appliance should be used either. Also, the ground pin on the cord that comes with the appliance should not be bypassed.

Old 11-27-10, 05:33 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrical supply OK

The electrical supply seems fine. The stove has worked fune until a couple of weeks ago, and I also checked the ground against another house circuit.