Kenmore gas dryer first no timer advance, now no heat.

Old 11-30-10, 04:55 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore gas dryer first no timer advance, now no heat.

Model 11072612101. Started out just not advancing timer on auto modes (timing mode worked). Unit would heat, dry clothes, shut off heat, and continue tumbling. Now, same problem, only no heat. Thermal fuse ok, bypassed just to make sure. I hear no audible 'click' like I did before when the heat would come on. What should I check first?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-10, 06:13 AM
M
Ok, I have better info. After sitting overnight, machine will fire up and heat on all modes. Timer moves in timed mode, not in auto. After clothes were dry, I tried machine again. It would not heat in any mode. Looking thru peephole in front when I first started it, ingnitor glowed a few seconds, then clicked off. Two seperate problems perhaps?

Old 12-01-10, 06:29 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: mwpayne

Most likely cause and most often to be the cause of the described problem is one of the two solenoids is defective. One of the easiest to fix for the first attempt would be to replace both solenoids on top of the gas control valve.

Instructions are in the dryer sticky note. Parts are available at your local appliance parts store. Bring brand, serial number and model number with you. To insure getting the correct OEM parts.

Old 12-01-10, 06:43 AM
M
Thanks, will do. Would that cause the timer not moving issue as well?

Old 12-01-10, 01:47 PM
M
Apparently so. Replaced both gas coils and alls good! Looks like the coils were failing in the middle of the auto cycle, thus causing timer to stop. Sounds good anyway, so I'll stick with it.