gas leak from flex pipe and black steel connector

Old 12-06-10, 09:07 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post gas leak from flex pipe and black steel connector

I own a old whirpool gas dryer without a shut off switch. As was coming out fast from the flex hose and there's a small thin hair line seeping gas from the long black gas line connected to the flex hose. The gas was shut off to stop the gas. My question is, should we call a repair plummer or could we fix it ourselfs? The gas company explained what parts we need. We are not sure what to do

Please help

Old 12-06-10, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
A plumber should be able to fix this in a very short time. If you do not have the tools or expertise the cost of the required items could be just as much as his charges. Also, if you do it wrong it could be very dangerous. If you can do w/o gas service for a day or 2 (furnace, cooking, etc) a plumber may be able to fit in a call w/o making it an emergency response (which = more $$$).

If it was just the flex supply line, I'd say go get a valve and put it on, but your description seems to indicate a crack in the black iron supply piping itself.

Old 12-08-10, 09:21 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Try calling the gas co back and slip the tech a couple of bucks to repair, better if you dress for the task, not to trashy though

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: