Amana dryer that takes a hour and half to dry clothes.

Old 12-12-10, 06:43 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Amana dryer that takes a hour and half to dry clothes.

I have a Amana dryer that takes a hour and half to dry clothes. One of the solenoids were replaced by a repairman for an outrageous amount six months ago. The same thing started happening again so i brought a solenoid set from a parts dealer that i found online. Put them both in and when i turned on the dryer i noticed there was good amount of heat when i opened the door after ten minutes. But noticed during the cycle that the heat reduced. Is there somthing else that i could look for? Are the solenoids that i received defective? Or is it something else behind the problem. Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-10, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 51 Posts
know when dryer vents get clogged it takes along time for clothes to dry. Please check this. It may be something else but this is an easy fix if the vent is indeed clogged.

Mike NJ

Old 12-12-10, 08:11 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cleaned the vents 6 months ago

Thanks I cleaned the vents six months ago

Old 12-13-10, 03:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 56 Posts
Several ways to check vent. easiest is to take vent off back of dryer and fel air coming out of dryer, reconnect and go outside and check again should be the same, 2 Take temps readings at backs of dryer with vent off and on temps should be within 5 degrees. 3 try to dry a load of clothes with vent off. 95 % of dryer problem start with vent. Almost always long dry times are vent related.