Kenmore Oven Model 362

Old 12-26-10, 11:38 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Oven Model 362

I have a Kenmore oven model #362.XXXXXXXX which is more likely a GE. I get a bad line code on the message center. The code is for a bad wiring situation but did not appear until a year later after the oven had been installed. The line is a dedicated circuit running directly to the panel. The circuit checks out with proper grounding and proper voltage. Could there be an internal problem with the circuit board or other parts.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-10, 06:00 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Question

Hello zoy8551 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

Gas or electric oven? Have to assume gas? Since you posted here.
Also have to assume natural or propane. Which would it be?
What is the exact and complete model number?
Bad line code? Exactly what was the code?
How often did it or does it appear?
How does the oven work?
Correctly or incorrectly? and exact how?

Seems to be more questions then answers. Sorry. We need more specific information and details. Helps to avoid speculations and to provide you specific causes and or the most like possible causes, etc.

Kindly use the REPLY button and provide specific details and information. Helps to ensure the best possible causes and solutions.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers on line web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available on line.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any cleaning or repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Read The Sticky Advice And Information Note In This Topic: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. Range/Stove/Oven/Broiler Info, Leak Detection, Fault Codes, Fuel Conversion & Links - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Regards and Good Luck. Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 12-27-10, 04:52 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Range

This is actually a Kenmore oven, natural gas, the exact model number is 362.75621302. I bought this from Sears and have found out it is actually manufactured by GE. I get a BAD LINE code as soon as the stove is plugged in. The oven does not work but I can get the burners to work with a lighter. The code is constant and never changes and is accompanied by a loud beeping noise. I have read the online error code explanation that states the problem is in the external wiring or the outlet. This stove worked for over a year on the same outlet and never had a problem until recently. The circuit is grounded and the voltage is correct no other problems when tested.

Old 12-28-10, 06:08 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Suggestion: (Try This)
Use a grounded extension cord to plug the oven into a wall outlet that is NOT on the same electrical circuit and see what happens. If the results in/on the ovens display panel change, the wall outlet that is or was being used before the test is then defective somehow (likely lost it's grounding if that is even possible???) or the electrical problem is within the appliance.

Reason why I suggest this test is because the sparkers have also stopped working. Based upon an assumption as a result of your statement you light the top burners manually. Usually top burner sparkers have there own spark module and are on a separate circuit within the appliance. Usually but not always.