Admiral Dryer makin awful noise

Old 12-26-00, 12:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I have a so called Heavy duty Dryer 20lbs cap,the damn thing is makin a awful squeaking noise while in use.The top comes off but can see nothing.Its a Admiral designer series that is about 5-6 years old.You can reach in and turn drum by hand and makes noise when off.Seems to be coming from rear of dryer,but I cant figure out how to take it apart.Plz advise,Thank You Randall T Phillips

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-00, 05:49 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi:Ranman

If you can get the top open, your already part way there. You'll need to remove the front panel, the lower back panel also.

The noise is most likely the drum rollers <in the rear of the machine> which support the back end of the drum and the slide/glider pads which support the front end of the drum.

Once the front panel <which has the door in it> is removed, the front of drum will drop down some. On the pastic part atteached to the front panel around the door, you'll see the pads the drum slides/glides on. They will be wornout and need to be replaced.

At the back of the drum there could be rollers or a bearing attached to the rear of the drum. These parts may also need replacing.

Be sure the elctric power is off before attempting any repairs. Also make a hand drawing of the belt locations over and around the pulleys before removing the belt.

Also check back into the archives <in this forum> for more hints, tips and instructions pertaining to this type of dryer repair.

Old 10-10-08, 11:15 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Admirable Dryer Belt Diagram

I had a complete idiot at my house and he decided my dryer needed fixing. Now it's a mess....I can't figure out how to get the belt back on.....HELP;

Old 10-11-08, 05:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
If you have the drum out look at how the belt threads. You will have the belt over the motor pulley and under the spring loaded idler pulley the ribbed part os belt rides on motor pulley and flat side of belt is on idler pulley. I think on that model you can take off a sall back panel and see mtor and idler. Let us k ow how repair went.