Need help! (Dryer No Heat)

Old 04-08-11, 10:51 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help! (Dryer No Heat)

Hi,
I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer, Series 80, front load--------Now, I did read up on a thread from Jan, 2010 regarding the same issue and went with the solution given.

My problem is this--At start, dryer functions as it should....drum spins, igniter clicks and the dryer will heat......The heat vent will blow heat for approx 15 to 30 seconds......Then a click and it will then blow room temperature and will not get hot again!

Now, according to the issue posted in the last thread, I did replace both "Valve Coils". They were easily obtained at the Sears Parts store ($23 bucs for both) and were installed. Once back together the same problem persists

Any help would be greatly appreciated..........as the techs at the parts store are "NOT ALLOWED" to give advice or answer questions in fear of being sued!!

THANKS FOR WHATEVER ADVICE ANYONE CAN GIVE.........MY WIFE IS REALLY BREAKING THEM!

Billy K

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-11, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Just wondering...have the ducts been cleaned? Try disconnecting the ducts and just let it blow into the room?

Just a thought to eliminate blockage issues....

Old 04-08-11, 01:27 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I did. I had the whole thing apart down to the shell. Vacuumed the entire thing out as well as the stack, so there's no vent issues. I tried it again after I posted with several wet towels and it seemed to work OK. I initially tried it while holding the actuator button and held the door open. I don't know if that was the reason it wouldn't stay in dry mode. I am washing now with a load and will dry later and see how I make out.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Bill

Old 04-08-11, 02:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 56 Posts
Tr it with the vent to outside off, Since coils changed the the most likely problem is vent to outside blocked, Very common problem.