Kenmore Elite HE3 Dryer Model 110.84832201 not heating enough

Old 05-03-11, 04:10 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Elite HE3 Dryer Model 110.84832201 not heating enough

Hello i am trying to get some help with my working dryer but the problem is that i usually have to run the load twice to get it dry completely.. i have a vent that runs straight outside so that wouldnt be the problem.. I tried cleaning the blower housing and i also changed the thermister just in case but its the same.. i notice the the gas ignites but after a few minutes it shuts off then on again after a few minutes and maybe that would be the problem..

i also have a maytag frontloader that i took a look at and i notice that the gas does not shut off as often as the kenmore.. Please any help will be appreciated....Thanks again..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-11, 03:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 56 Posts
Dose the dryer light and heat than shuts off for several minutes or dose it lights, runs about a minute shuts off than relights about a minute or 2 later? 1st issue is usually gas coils 2nd is the vent is blocked, Look for pinched vent hose behind dryer or flapper door stuck closed

Old 05-04-11, 05:36 AM
E
Kenmore He3 dryer

Thanks and yes the gas lights for a while then once it reaches a certain temperature it shuts off for a while then it relights but air flow is not the problem unless there is a flapper inside the dryer..

Old 05-04-11, 04:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No flapper in dryer best way to check is disconnect vent tube from back of dryer and see if heats normally. If it dose you have air flow problem if not than most likely you need gas coils, Replaced both coils.

Old 05-05-11, 05:52 AM
E
Kenmore He3 dryer

Thanks i tried without the vent tube and i did replace the gas coils and it got a little better but it still takes very long to dry.. I connected an older maytag dryer to the same connection and it is much better and faster and the temperature coming out of the vent is much higher..

Old 05-05-11, 04:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Put a thermometer at the exhaust of dryer(must be in air stream) temps should be around 160 with vent tube off. near the same with tube on.

Old 05-05-11, 05:08 PM
E
kenmore dryer

i will try that and get back to you