Caloric Gas Stove (Noisy Clock)

Old 05-28-11, 01:00 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Caloric Gas Stove (Noisy Clock)

The clock/timer on my stove is making a loud grinding noise - I don't know how to get to it to fix or disconnect. There is a glass panel covering it and the metal frame of the stove around that. I've tried to pry it out - no use. I don't see any screws or parts to release the glass - help!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-11, 06:24 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello MarianRuth and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

You'll need to access the clock control through the rear of the free standing range/stove. Pull the stove away from the rear wall carefully. Then unplug it. Remove the sheet metal panel cover to access the clock. Then remove the entire clock and take it to any local appliance parts store in your area along with the brand of stove, make and model numbers.

Or simply unplug the entire clock by removing the hot wire. Use electrical tape to rap the wire end so it does not short out to and metal parts, etc. Then reinstall rear panel and electrical plug back into wall outlet. Carefully slide stove back.

Best info possible based upon limited details provided and no model, serial numbers and or year of stove. Appliance parts dealers are listed in phone book yellow pages and can provide you with additional advice when you're in the store. Good Luck.

Old 05-30-11, 03:10 PM
M
Thank you for the great info!

Old 06-01-11, 04:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cities often have used appliance dealers that tear apart old equipment and stockpile parts. If you have such an outfit, I'd take the old clock in. Odds are you could get a replacement at a good price.