GE Profile Range- Error F7 57

Old 06-29-11, 02:28 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Profile Range- Error F7 57

Hi,
I have a GE 30" self cleaning range that's only 5-6 yrs old.
Last night, it started beeping and flashing F7 57 on the display. The oven will not turn on and the lights won't stop blinking.
I have disconnected the power to the panel and unplugged/replugged the ribbon, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.
Any other suggestions?
How do I know if it can be repaired? If I need to order a new part? If the part I need to order is the ERC or the keypad (are those the same?)?
I really, really appreciate any help that can be offered.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-11, 07:40 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello AJnAustin and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

I am not sure what the 57 code means. Try the below method to reset the entire control board.

Try unplugging the entire appliance for several hours and then plug it back in. Power failures can cause error codes. The circuit board may reset but not very likely.

If unplugging the appliance from the electrical power source fails to resolve the problem, remove the board and control pad if process is easy enough and you're handy and take them to the local appliance parts store. Retail parts dealers can help determine what the possible problem may be.

Take the make, model and serial numbers and stop in at the store. The info will also help to determine the possible problem causes. Parts dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Some additional suggestions offered on GE fault code sites:
F0 - F1 - F7 Code Condition Check or Repair is Required.
Determining if the problem is within the Key Panel or Control by trying this procedure:

First: Push the CLEAR/OFF button on the control pad.

Second: Disconnect the Ribbon Cable from control module. Waiting at least 1 minute, then reconnect.

If the code recurs the problem is in the control. Replacing the control is required.

If code does not recur, problem is with the Key Panel.

If the keypad is stuck it may mean the relay is turned on.

Fault Code Help Web Sites:
Oven codes and the problem solutions should be available here:

F5 - E0 F5 - E1 and E2 - Check door/latch switch - Replace the component.

Range/Stove Oven Fault Codes, Most Common:
F5 - E0 F5 - E1 and E2 - Check door/latch switch - Replace switch, if defective.

Range/Stove/Oven Fault Codes:
F1 - Defective touch pad or membrane - Replace touch pad or membrane. This problem is usually the touch pad.

F1 - Watchdog on board - Replace touch pad or clock assembly (also called the ERC)

F1 - Power to element relay energized during time of day display - Wiring harness shorted or change power relay board (PRB)
Note: for double ovens, change second oven board.

How to test many brands of Ranges/Ovens that are flashing a F1 fault code: You may have either a bad ERC (clock) or a bad touch pad.

Disconnect power to stove. Gain access to the back of the clock (electronic range control or ERC).

Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC. This will be a flat wire approx. 1 1/2" to 2" wide. Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is turned back on.

Turn power back on to stove. Watch for the F1 and listen for the beep. If you get the F1 and beep, replace the ERC.

After approx. 30 minutes if you do NOT get the F1 and hear the beep, replace the touch pad.

Carefully check the wires to and from the oven temp sensor.

FO or F7 Shorted Clear/Off Key due to membrane switch, Control or connector Shorted key panel membrane switch ERC.